Surfer Style is a way to wear your hair using products that help you get this look. To create the perfect surfer style, run your hands through damp hair while applying the product. The idea behind it is to give your hair ‘that just rolled out of bed’ sexy bed head look! The best part about this look is that it’s great for any kind of weather!!
It can be done on all types of hairstyles, even straightened ones!
Ways to get Surfer style at home
I’m going to let you in on what I think are the top 7 ways to get “Surfer style” or “Bed Head” hair:
1) Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray This one really gives the rough texture without making your hair stiff like many other texturizers. It adds great volume and texture when used on medium to long hair and is one of the great surfer styles to carry.
2) Oribe Apres Beach If you love the look of beachy waves, then you will love this product! The best part about it is that you don’t need a curling iron for this one. I curl my hair with my fingers (or use an actual comb if I’m lazy). (sidenote: they also sell the exact same thing in smaller sizes at Sephora for $35!) so it’s an easy surfing style you can get at home.
3) Hanz de Fuko Quicksand This product is awesome because it’s not sticky like most other waxes/pomades. It has a matte finish, which makes your surfer style look natural with less effort and affordable product.
4) Hanz de Fuko Spritz This product is perfect for when you have thick hair. It gives your hair a lightweight, beachy feel!
5) Oribe Superfine Hair Spray I use this spray to smooth out any flyaways or to matte down some of the more dramatic pieces. If you want that scrunched-for-days look, just spray it on some sections and scrunch them up!
6) Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray is one of my all-time favourites! And by all means, it lives up to its name. A few sprays of this product will get you that beachy surfer style in no time! It’s also great for second-day hair because it always makes my waves look fresh again!
7) Bumble & Bumble Surf Infusion If you have really dry hair, this product is perfect for giving your hair some extra nourishment! It makes my dry ends so much more manageable – plus it smells amazing!!
So there are seven great ways to get surfer style hair at home. I love these surfer styles because they take less than 10 minutes to do, and you end up with that sexy, tousled look! And let’s be real, who doesn’t want that?!
If you haven’t tried out any of these products yet, I hope this post encourages you to try them! And if nothing else, I just hope it inspires you to go shopping at your nearest Sephora for some new hair products! Have fun!!